Undergraduate Streams and Courses
Nura Gili offers a Major and a Minor in Indigenous Studies within the Bachelor of Arts and related programs.
The Major and Minor sequences are designed for students seeking to specialise in Indigenous Studies as either the central focus of a Bachelor of Arts degree or as complimentary to another area of specialisation. Courses are available to students across Arts and concurrent Arts degrees and provide knowledge and skills that will be valuable across a wide range of careers.
All first, second and some third level Indigenous Studies courses can be taken by undergraduate students in any Faculty as General Education electives. They are listed under the DVC (A) Board of Studies Courses.
Indigenous Studies Streams:
Detailed information about the Major and Minor is avilable through the UNSW Handbook
Indigenous Studies Courses:
- ATSI2003 Indigenous Material Culture - Objects and Their Journey
- ATSI2011 Indigenous Australian Political History
- ATSI2015 The Science of Indigenous Knowledge
- ATSI2016 Torres Strait: Past & Present
- ATSI2004 Popular Culture of Indigenous Australia
- ATSI2012 Contemporary Issues in Indigenous Politics
- ATSI2014 Indigenous People and Policy
- ATSI3001 Australian Indigenous Identity
- ATSI3005 Race, Colonialism and Whiteness
- ATSI3008 Indigenous Studies Capstone